2010-04-07

Bone Suckin' Ham Stir Fry

A couple of years ago, my buddy Gary in NC gave me a bottle of Bone Suckin' Habanero Sauce, which Kim and I loved. We have been watching for it to show up somewhere here in Toronto, but so far no luck. We did get a jar of the Bone Suckin' BBQ Sauce, and have been keeping it around waiting for an excuse to use it. Tonight we did a strange stir fry, and I thought it was worth writing down - it was really tasty.

  • Cube up about a cup of ham
  • Cut up a head of broccoli. Small pieces. I always peal the steam and cut that into carrot sticks as well as using the flower
  • Slice up about a half of a Spanish onion
  • Slice up about half of a zucchini
  • Slice up about half of a red pepper
  • Crush about 4 cloves of garlic
  • Slice up a big handful of mushrooms
  • A nice big handful of bean sprouts
  • Set the BBQ sauce handy
  • Get whatever oil you like to stir fry with - I like grape-seed oil
Time to start cookin!

  • Toss the crushed garlic, some oil, and the ham  in the wok, stir fry until it starts to brown, remove from wok and set aside
  • Add a little more oil, toss in the vegetables - holding off the mushrooms and and bean sprouts - and stir fry until they are close to al dente - then toss in the mushrooms, and keep stirring until they are close
  • Throw in the sprouts and the ham, and add about half of the 16 oz jar of BBQ sauce. Keep stirring for about a minute.
If you like spicy, then either spice up the above by adding something - or if your honey is in the mood for sweet - then leave like the above.

In my case, I then added a bit of Uncle Big's Killer Hot Sauce - just a bit mind you - to my serving, and that was the finishing touch!

So there you go! BBQ stir fry - for something a little different.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!
    I will see if I can find a few more bottles and ship them to you since it looks like it will be a while before I get back up your way. Still want to make that bike trip up North but not sure when. Check ya later.

    ReplyDelete